Diploma Programme (DP)
What is the DP?
The programme aims to develop students who have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge, who flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically; study at least two languages, excel in traditional academic subject and explore the nature of knowledge through the programme´s unique theory of knowledge course. DP students are better able, than their peers, to cope with demanding workloads, manage their time and meet expectations placed on them.
The three core elements are:
• Theory of knowledge, in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge and how we know what we claim to know.
• The extended essay, which is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000-word paper.
• Creativity, activity, service, in which students complete a project related to these three concepts.
The six subject groups are:
• Studies in language and literature
• Language acquisition
• Individuals and societies
• The arts.
Ages: 16 to 19 years old.
*This information has been acquired from the IB´s page http://ibo.org/en/programmes/diploma-programme/curriculum/